Goodwill Bookcase Makeover
Hey guys! Today I am going to take you through the process of flipping a good will book case.
I brought these book cases from my local Goodwill for $8.99 each!!!!! I was so excited about this. I have been on the hunt for more storage for my craft room.
I did not get any pictures of me priming and painting. I jumped right into the project and total forgot. Please forgive me! I will walk you through the steps of what I did.
1. I cleaned both bookcases. They were both very dusty and had a lot of dirt.
2. I primed the entire bookcase. (You can skip this step if you use chalk paint)
3. I let the primer dry overnight and started to paint the next day.
4. I did not use my sprayer although I should have! I made sure all my strokes were even coats. It took 2 coats to get the desired look I wanted.
5. I taped off the bottom of the bookcase and used gold spray paint. If you get spray paint on the other parts just get a small paint brush and do touch ups.
I love the way the bookcase came out! I think if I do this again with other older pieces I will be using chalk paint to cut down on my time.
Do you like this project? Let me know and I will see you next time!
Hi I'm Shani! I'm a newlywed that loves Jesus!! I am passionate about living a frugal life style, but still having a beautiful home on a budget, I will show you how to tackle different projects for those starting out with Diy.