Hi guys!! I want to tell you all about my night stand diy. The night stand came from Zo's (Hubby) old house. He wanted to throw it out because it was really banged up. I convinced him not to. I must say it is very difficult to find a night stand that is solid wood, has character, and storage.
Let's talk about how I turned this trash into treasure!
As you can see the top of the nightstands have water stains from cups without cup holders (men!)
Here is what you will need:
Let's walk through the steps
1. Remove all hardware with screwdriver.
2. Clean the nightstand inside out.
3. Sand the nightstand. Make sure you have a smooth surface.
4. Make sure you remove all the sand dust.
5. Prime the entire dresser with very smooth coats.
6. Let the primer dry for a few hours. (I usually touch it to determine when its ready). Always read the label on the primer for dry time and additional instructions.
7. Spray paint even coats on the nightstand.
8. Let the spray paint dry for at least 3-4 hours.
9. Put on the hardware of your choice.
10. Enjoy your new nightstand. I lined the inside of the drawers with contact paper.
Let me know if you liked this trash turned treasure!!!
See ya later!!!!
Hi I'm Shani! I'm a newlywed that loves Jesus!! I am passionate about living a frugal life style, but still having a beautiful home on a budget, I will show you how to tackle different projects for those starting out with Diy.